ST-TN Biotin & Vit E Combo
Biotin and vitamin E combination
• An antioxidant and factor in the maintenance of good health
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
• Provides 300 mcg of biotin per dose
• Includes 5 IU of vitamin E per dose
ST-TN Capsules is a blend of biotin and vitamin E that helps to support optimal health. Biotin is necessary for the activity of five carboxylases which are involved in macronutrient metabolism.1 Biotin supports: 1) fatty acid synthesis in the liver and adipose tissue; 2) fatty acid oxidation; 3) break down amino acids, cholesterol and odd chain fatty acids; 4) leucine metabolism; 5) glucose production in the kidney and liver, glucose-induced insulin release, and fatty acid synthesis in adipocytes.1,2 Cells that are deficient in biotin are also more susceptible to damage caused by oxidative stress.2 Vitamin E is the most significant membrane antioxidant, and helps maintain the structure of nearly all cell membranes.3 It is a potent free radical scavenger that helps to prevent oxidative DNA damage.3 As vitamin E can compete for free radicals faster than polyunsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes, small levels of vitamin E offer a large amount of antioxidant protection.3 The stable vitamin E radical produced is virtually unreactive, and can be recycled back to its original form, demonstrating its essential role in antioxidant defence.3
KEY INGREDIENTS: Biotin, Calcium, Caprylic Acid, Potassium, Propionic Acid, Sodium, Sorbic Acid, Vitamin E
1. Tong, L. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013; 70(5): 863-891.
2. Zempleni, J., Hassan, YI, Wijeratne, SSK. Expert Rev Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 3(6): 715-724.
3. Combs, GF. (2012). In GF Combs (Ed.) The Vitamins (pp. 181-211). USA: Elsevier.