Delicious vanilla-flavoured pea protein and berry extract formulation
• Combines pea protein, alpha-lipoic acid, chromium, and berry extracts
• Promotes healthy glucose metabolism
• Provides 15 g of pea proteins and 30 mg of berry polyphenols per serving
• Helps the body to metabolize fats and proteins
Pro Pea Balance improves glucose and lipid metabolism using an effective combination of pea protein, alpha lipoid acid, chromium, and polyphenol-rich berry extracts. Pea (Pisum sativum) protein is a source of amino acids involved in muscle protein synthesis. Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant compound produced endogenously by mitochondria.1 Alpha-lipoic acid supports healthy glucose metabolism2 through a number of different mechanisms, including enhanced glucose uptake in muscle tissue3 via increased translocation of GLUT4 glucose transport proteins.1 Chromium is an essential mineral that helps to improve glucose tolerance and metabolism.4 Blueberry extracts have been found to reduce serum levels of the oxidative stress biomarker malondialdehyde.5
1. Kouzi SA, Yang S, Nuzum DS, Dirks-Naylor AJ. Frontiers in Bioscience (Elite Ed). 2015; 7: 107-121
2. AbLS: Alpha lipoic acid, DL-. September 2009
3. Goraca A et al. Pharmacol Rep. 2011; 63(4): 849-858
4. Anderson RA. J Am Coll Nutr. 1998 Dec;17(6):548-55.
5. Basu A, Du M, Leyva MJ, Sanchez K, Betts NM, Wu M, Aston CE, Lyons TJ. J Nutr. 2010 Sep;140(9):1582-7.