Boswellia - Osteoarthritic joint support with bioavailable AKBA
Osteoarthritic joint support with bioavailable AKBA
• Temporarily relieves the pain of mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee in as little as five days
• Temporarily improves joint function in mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee
• ApresFlex® Boswellia is a clinically researched standardized extract containing 20% 3-Acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (AKBA)
• Convenient once-daily capsule format
Boswellia serrata, one of the most important herbs in Ayurvedic Medicine, improves joint function in mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee.1-3 It contains AKBA, a boswellic acid that helps maintain joint cartilage integrity.2 ApresFlex® is a unique, scientifically researched boswellia extract that provides highly bioavailable AKBA.2 Clinical trials have demonstrated that this extract temporarily relieves the pain of mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee, with one study reporting significant effects in as little as five days.3,4 Preclinical research suggests that this extract supports joint health by maintaining healthy activity of the 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) enzymes, which are involved in leukotriene synthesis and connective tissue degradation, respectively.2 ApresFlex® may also support healthy joint and connective tissue composition by promoting glycosaminoglycan production and healthy cytokine responses.2,3
1. Upaganlawar, A, Ghule, B. Ethnobotanical Leaflets. 2009; 13: 766-74.
2. Sengupta, K, Kolla, JN, Krishnaraju, AV, Yalamanchili, N, Rao, CV, Golakoti, T, Raychaudhuri, S, Raychaudhuri, SP. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011; 354(1-2): 189-97.
3. Sengupta, K, Krishnaraju, AV, Vishal, AA, Mishra, A, Trimurtulu, G, Sarma, KV, Raychaudhuri, SK, Raychaudhuri, SP. Int J Med Sci. 2010; 7(6): 366-77.
4. Vishal, AA, Mishra, A, Raychaudhuri, SP. Int J Med Sci. 2011; 8(7): 615-22.